Here is the recipe for the Orange Rolls I made at the beginning of the week. I hope you enjoy.
This recipe is Paula Deen's.
Gooey Sunshine Rolls
Makes about 8 rolls
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Remove zest from oranges; set zest aside. In a small bowl, squeeze juice from oranges. Soak raisins in orange juice.
3) Roll dough into a 14x12-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter over dough. Sprinkle brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and half of zest over dough. Remove raisins from juice using a slotted spoon, reserving juice. Sprinkle raisins over dough.
4) Starting at a long end, roll up dough tightly, jelly-roll style. Moisten edge with water, and seal. Cut roll into 8 or 9 slices. Place slices on prepared baking sheet, allowing sides to touch. Bake rolls for 25 minutes or until a golden honey color.
5) In another small bowl, place confectioners' sugar; slowly whisk in just enough reserved orange juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, to make a slightly thick icing. Stir in 1 tablespoon of remaining zest. Drizzle icing over warm rolls.
I made some minor changes due to my husband not liking certain items. I did not use pecans and raisins. I also only used half of the cinnamon. I also used a wheat bread loaf. The reason being is they were cheaper at the store because they came in a pack of three instead of six. I also had most of the juice left over. You only need a little bit to make the icing.
I hope you enjoy!