Monday, January 9, 2012

Iorning

I have to admit that ironing is not my favorite thing.  My grandmother loves to iron.  Her ironing is amazing.  I think I need to spend some quality time with her and learn her tricks of the trade.  Devin washed all of his nice fancy school shirts on Friday.  I am just now getting around to ironing them.  It is not my cup of tea.  I find myself getting impatient when the fabric folds and before I realize the iron has glided over the fold and it is permanently creased.  And of course the fold/crease is always on the front chest.  It is never on the back near the bottom where it would not be noticed. Two shirts done, 4 more to iron.  I have given up for the evening.  I am going to sit and finish watching Julie & Julia while I blog.  If anyone has any ironing advice it would be greatly appreciated. 
Happy Birthday to Doogly Bear.  I hope you had a great day Dad!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wrinkle potential! I hate wrinkle potential!

Lisa & Joel said...

Here's some advice...don't do it! Lol, jk. I hate it, too, and Joel is better at it than me, so he does his own shirts. Im glad he is good at it!

Bing Math said...

I absolutely hate ironing. It is the only household task I can't stand at all to do. When James graduated and started working, taking our shirts to the dry cleaners to be ironed was the first expense I started paying for. Before that it was a midnight adventure every once in a blue moon when we literally had no ironed shirts left.

Momma of The B.M.C. Report said...

Oh my:: I am the same way. Ironing drives me crazy! My mom has always been so great at it. I always joke about how she needs to teach me how to iron :) If you get some good tips send them my way!