Monday, August 27, 2012

4th of July


I cannot believe that the final week of Summer has arrived.  I can't even begin to explain how fast the Summer flew by for both Devin and I.  I am sad to see it go.  I am also excited that the Fall season is upon us.  I love the Fall and the holidays, weather and food that it brings with it. 
I would like to document some of our favorite memories as Devin and I say farewell to the Summer of 2012. 
I am sad to report that I have not even blogged about the 4th of July yet.  I guess it is better late then never right?  I love the 4th.  This year did not disappoint. 


The Sunday before the 4th I wore my patriotic colors to church. It is a tradition for me.


We woke up bright and early as we always do.  Devin and I ran the Murray 5k and then enjoyed the parade.


The Goodfellows joined us for the parade.  We love them.



We enjoyed all the beautiful floats this year.



I packed a cooler full of goodies for the parade.  Everyone was very grateful. 


I had to take a picture of the jeep.  It also was painted the best color.  My Dad has an old jeep like this one.  We love it.

Our favorite truck of the whole parade! Go Utes!!!!!



My cousin Colby played in the marching band.  He did great.


We all wore our Old Navy Flag t-shirts.  This is my Grandpa enjoying the shade.


After the parade we had a big breakfast at my parents home.  All of my Dad's family came over.



All the kids loved playing on the wooden play set that my Dad built. We had some tears from some of them when it was time to go home.


This is my niece Isabel with the master chef.


This is my nephew Ean with the master chef.



I prepared a patriotic dinner for Devin and I and my parents.  I used this cute mason jars for the drinks.


We ate on our red square plates.  I made a banana bunt cake.  It was delicious.  As you can see it did not come out of the pan so well.


Here is the clan enjoying some entertainment before the firework show. 

It was a wonderful 4th of July.  This holiday is definitely in the top three of my favorite holidays.

No comments: