Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Hunt for Root Beer Extract


This little bottle is hard to find.  I guess it really wasn't hard to find if I had half a brain.  I was told to go to Harmons grocery store to buy it.  After going to three Harmons stores and one Smiths my genius brain thought of an idea.  Why don't I just go to Hires restaurant and buy it.  After a long goose chase I finally have it in my possession.  I am making homemade root bear for the ward party tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  It will be my first time making my Grandfathers recipe.



On the way home from work I stopped at my Grandpa's house to pick up some home grown vegetables.  I got the special treat of getting to hold cute Kylee.


I made my all time favorite for dinner.  Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches are one of my true loves.  I also enjoyed some home grown cantaloupe.

Sorry for the not so great pics tonight.  I just wanted to give you an idea of what my evening consisted of.
I bet you can't guess what Devin did this evening?  Ding, ding, ding, you got it right.  He was working at the Pharmacy. He has worked every night this week.  It has definitely taken its toll on me.  I am looking forward to the weekend to actually see and spend some time with my husband.

1 comment:

Lisa & Joel said...

The hours at the pharmacy will pay off. :) that would be so difficult! That girl is adorable! How did the root beer turn out? Can't wait to see you next month.