Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day

I remember the evening that Isabel was born. She took all day to get here.  She came late in the evening on November 27th when everything outside was still.  About an hour before she was born it started to snow.  It was the first snow fall of the season.  It was like the outside world knew that she had been born.  All was still and quite.  The earth was covered in a beautiful white blanket. I remember this night like it was last week. 
Today this beautiful girl attended her first day of Kindergarten!
She seriously has grown up so fast.  She loved everything about her first day.  She can't wait to go back tomorrow.  She informed me that there are only 6 girls in her class and that she is one of them.


Fast forward a couple of years. Ean was born on February 19th. I was in my last semester of college.  I did not get to see Ean on the day that he was born.  He had to be watched over as the nurses and doctors flushed some fluids out of his lungs.  Devin was able to support and be at the hospital as Ean came into the world.  He has some great memories of this day.   
Today was Ean's first day of Preschool.  He went and met all new friends and learned all the rules.  I have been told that he will for sure be taking over the role of the leader of the pack.



2 comments:

Lisa & Joel said...

Adorable! I love your description of the day she was born; I was picturing it in my head. :)

emi said...

such darling kiddos! cute story too!
XO