Sunday, November 6, 2011

Primary Songs

Every Sunday from 12:10 to 2:00pm I spend time with the three to six year olds in the neighborhood.  I teach Primary.  Some Sundays run very smoothly and the kids are great. Other Sundays are not so smooth.  Our Primary Program is next week.  We have been practicing.  By the middle of the second hour the kiddos I teach were restless.  Today I am grateful for the songs we sing in Primary.  One in particular today touched my heart amid the kiddos who had had enough of practicing and singing. 
The song is called "If I Listen with my Heart"  the lyrics are below.

If I had been a little child when Jesus Lived on Earth,
I would have liked to walk with Him and listen to His words,
But as I search the scriptures I can hear His words of peace,
And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice.

I hear a living prophet speak the things that Christ would say,
If He were here upon the earth to talk with me today,
The prophet teaches how to live in righteousness and peace,
And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice.

I feel the Holy Spirit as he teaches truth and right,
He comforts me in times of need, He testifies of Christ,
He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace,
And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Any calling in primary is the best. Nothing beats being with those kids, especially during singing time.