Saturday, June 2, 2012

Girls Camp Hike

Today was a busy Saturday.  I have been asked to be the Girls Camp Director for the Murray 1st ward.  Today we took the girls on their certification hike.  All in all it was pretty successful.  Devin came along as the one of the priesthood brethren.  It was nice having Devin there.  He and the Young Women's president talked the whole hike about hiking trails and what not.  It was nice to have him go on the hike so that we could spend that time together.  It also felt good to be serving the young women of our ward together. 
We took the girls to the Pipeline Trail up Mill Creek Canyon.  It was not a strenuous hike.  The only thing bad about the hike was that we saw quite a few rattle snakes.  I HATE SNAKES! They scare the living daylights out of me.  I was able to hold me cool around the girls but I was not comfortable at all. 
After the hike we had a hot dog roast and roasted some marshmallows. 
Camp is getting so close.  It will be here before we know it.  There is still a lot to be done.  









No comments: