Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tom's Waffle

Today was eventful to say the least.  I worked at my job for half of the day.  It went by quickly.  Then I was off to Ron and Shelley's to can beets!  I have not canned that much but I am loving learning how to do it!  I can picture myself canning away the summers in summers to come.  I had to stop on the way to their place at Wally World to get a couple items for the beets.  When I was done shopping I came out to find that the Jeep would not start.  Just my luck.  Luckily I was close to Ron and Shelley's so Jenn and Caelen came to save me.  Ron did so much work on the Jeep and I cannot thank him enough for all he does for Devin and I.  I have a pretty awesome father-in-law! Canning the beets went great! Shelley helped me the whole time.  She is quite the natural at canning.  Jenn helped by cleaning the beets and keeping the kiddos away from the hot oven.  It was great to not be at work on a week day!  I am looking forward to the day that Devin gets out of Pharmacy School and I can be at home being a mom and canning the day away.  Anyway, then there were some issues with the bank that we bank at and the list goes on and on.  I thought the day would never end.  It did end.  I think sometimes the Lord makes little things happen to remind us how blessed we are.  Today was one of those times that I took the time to look at the days happenings and realize how blessed I truly am.


No comments: